- Video images are captured and shared using any Windows-compatible camera or video card. Fast video compression speeds images over the network. Video images you see can be stretched to any size giving the size of picture you want to see. You can also change image resolution at any time during your session. A feature not supported by any other video conferencing program.
- Send voice over the Internet using any Windows compatible sound card. It also supports full duplex sound cards. If it works in Windows it will work with HoneyQ. For natural-sounding voice communication, HoneyQ uses the software compression built into Windows or your sound card if it has hardware compression.
- Instant messages we call MiniMe's. It's great fun. Use your camera to snap a picture and send instant messages and to anyone on your online list. You no longer can hide if you're a dog (remember the Internet joke?).
- File Transfer
- Files of any size can be transfered to all group members. Share a picture of the family. Transfer a map while describing directions. Show a chart, then make changes and download in real time. Does not rely on ICQ server to send those files. ICQ slow today? Use HoneyQ instead.
- ShareSpace - a shared whiteboard
- Draw figures using the line, oval, rectangle and scribble tool. Capture the video image of the person you are talking with. Copy and paste images from other Windows applications to share with others. Move the image around to position it more to your liking. When your all done save the image as a bitmap to the disk.
- Direct connection
- We can't emphasize this enough. You don't need the ICQ server once you're connected. You can even close ICQ, if you wish. HoneyQ does not load the ICQ server in any way.
Windows 95/98/2000/XP, 486-133Mhz or faster, sound card with michrophone, Internet connection through PPP or SLIP or local are network using TCP/IP protocol. Video for Windows video capture card or camera optional. A copy of HoneyQ at both ends.
By downloading the application you are licensing the application. Read the license agreement for installing. Honey Software assumes NO responsibility for the use or correctness of the software or is responsible for the software.
How do you make a call using ICQ? Having problems with audio? Want to know which video cards are supported? Find out more about HoneyQ
HoneyQ: Frequently asked questions
Demo version 2.1 is now ready for downloading. There are no time limits, no drop dead date, no crippling. License eliminates our responsibilities.
After downloading please verify the file size is correct to make sure you have the complete file (File size is approximately 2.2MB.)
- Download the setup program to your computer. Just click on one of the sites below.
- Run the setup program by clicking on Win95/98/NT's/2000/XP Start button, then run. Enter the full path and the honeyq21.exe name, for example
- After the installation is complete, the setup program will create a HoneyQ group folder. Run HoneyQ from Window's Start button by click on Start, then Program, then HoneyQ, then clicking on the HoneyQ program. The setup program will tell you if you need to reboot your computer.